I can finally breathe. These last few weeks were kind of hectic as I spent most of my free time studying systematically for my driver’s licence theory exam. You see, gastrointestinal health diet, I failed it twice (was just skimming through the book) and I had to pass it on the third try or else I had to wait another two weeks before I could take the exam again. It’s a 45 question exam (randomised) and you’re allowed a maximum of 7 mistakes.
The idiom “third time’s a charm” was indeed true! I passed the theory exam with 6 errors! Now, I’m looking forward to the practical exam, which is next week. Wish me luck!
Anyway, this still calls for a mini-celebration! I’m going to share this lovely recipe I found like 4 years ago and tested a couple of times. It’s a hybrid between a coconut macaroon and a custard, two of my favourite desserts!
1 397 grams or a can of sweetened condensed milk
2 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup of desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F/160° C.
2. Whisk all of the ingredients together.
3. Fill the cups 3/4 full with the mixture. Always stir before filling a cup to re-distribute the coconut in the mixture.
4. Set the cupcake pan on a bigger oven tray. Put this in the oven and pour boiling water on the bigger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the cupcake pan. An improvised bain-marie
5. Bake for 28-30 minutes. It is best not to overcook them so that the bottom layer has a soft texture.
6. Leave it to cool and serve!
That’s all for now