We always have something or someone as your go-to. An app for a specific task, a friend or a family member when you need help or to share a joyous moment. The list could go on. In my case, I have a go-to dessert. This is what I usually make when I’m short on time due to some unplanned dinner parties for example. I discovered this recipe years ago, but made some slight adjustments. It’s now my husband’s favourite and our guests love it!
Lemon Bars conjour the essence of summer. Fresh, light and delicious. It gives you this tingling sensation in every bite!
For the crust
250 g butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
A pinch of salt
For the custard
1 1/2 cups healthsavy.com white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
A tsp of vanilla essence
3 lemons, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. We start with the crust. In a bowl, blend together softened butter, flour and sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased rectangular pan.
3. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
4. For the custard, whisk together the sugar, eggs and flour. Add the lemon juice. Make sure there are no lumps before pouring it over the baked crust.
5. Bake for an additional 25 minutes in the oven.
6. Let it cool before serving (the bars will firm up as they cool).
That’s all and I hope you enjoy this recipe