Sometimes I get reminded that blogging is like a first day at school (especially if you just started), a 12-step meetings for those who use blogging as a form of therapy or attending a party and you get to meet new and old friends. People you simply lost in touch with, but now you get to reconnect with them again. It’s a lovely platform to meet wonderful people and in fact, I still get in touch with some of them from 11 years ago when I started blogging.
Since I recently came back to the blogosphere for good. I think this calls for another introduction, albeit some 10 random tidbits about myself
1. I’m still moonlighting as a novelist (already wrote like 300 pages, but I’m far from being done).
2. I’m blunt and honest to a fault, which is somehow a faux pas nowadays where political correctness is turning into a polite form of fascism. I’m frustrated that it’s convenient to be offended by everything or something that was meant to be lighthearted. It’s no more than a whine and it distracts us to the real issues on hand.
3. I see myself as an optimist with a dash of pessimism. I think it’s healthy to sometimes anticipate something undesirable because you get to prepare yourself when the need arises.
4. I’m a strong proponent of self-improvement because if you really love yourself then you have to strive to be the best version of yourself.
5. Mediocrity and the words good enough are not in my vocabulary. I appreciate with what I have, but it’s nice to have ambition or a drive. I’m a goal digger!
6. My husband calls me the walking entertainment department.
7. I think my maternal instincts are kicking in. Recently, I’ve been imagining myself going around the town with a stroller (preferably a Bugaboo) in tow. Anyway, my husband and I have decided to start a family. We opted to adopt since surrogacy is still not legal here due to ethical reasons. Also, I find it quite selfish for us to spend a hundred thousand dollars or more just to have a biological child/children when there are already children out there who are in dire need of a stable family.
8. I’m lactose intolerant and allergic to cats and dogs.
9. I can’t seem to get enough of hummus. I love it! It’s nice in a sandwich with sun-dried tomatoes, lettuce and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar!
10. I do well with criticism. It serves as a fuel for me to prove people wrong. I’ve always been like that especially when you know there are people out there rooting for you to fail. Guess what? Success is the best revenge! Serve it with utter fabulousness!
I guess that’s all for now. Wishing everyone a lovely day!