Creative isn’t it. As you can see, I’m stuck in a literary torpor. My mind has tons of ideas, but once I started to bring them into something concrete, it just shot blank.
February was lovely and quite an interesting month to say the least.
1. As you’ve all known in my previous entry, I got my driver’s licence, which was quite rewarding after all that hard work.
2. Got a 15.000 NOK (1.775.43 USD) grant to a charity I suggested in our graphic club at work. Annually we have this meeting where one of the agendas is to give money to a charity of our choice. I proposed this organisation I worked with way back while I was living in the Philippines. It’s called ERUF (Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation) and I volunteered there as a paramedic/firefighter for over a year. I was trained and all during my time there since you can’t just volunteer without passing the physical and written exam. I managed to do it with flying colours especially the written exam. You can check their website here.
3. We decided to ditch Croatia in favour of the Philippines this coming summer (the last time I was there was like 8 years ago). That’s also the reason why I suggested the charity organisation I mentioned above in our graphic club since I’m going to visit them personally when I’m there. During my birthday on February 21, my husband gifted me withsomething wonderful. He bought business class tickets for our journey as well as the hotel accommodation. It was so sweet of him!
Check this video featuring the beautiful sceneries in the Philippines (we’re going to visit some of them):
4. I’ve been using this facial moisturiser from Biotherm called Aquapower D-Sensitive for over 5 years, but sadly I had to say goodbye to it because for some reason they no longer sell it in Norway. Instead, it was being replaced by an airless pump version and I don’t really like it. I prefer my moisturisers in tubes. So, now I have to take another round of testing other labels.
I started with Clinique For Men Moisturising Lotion since it was in a tube. At first it went quite well, but on the next day I developed this burning sensation around some parts of my face. I stopped it immediately. I was already tempted to give Dermalogica a try, but I remembered I had breakouts when I tried it before. Shiseido was also on top of my list, but it was also in a pump form. While doing some research online, I stumbled upon this line called Bulldog. Reading a myriad of raving reviews about their products made me decide to give them a go. Now, I have finally found a replacement and managed to do it in a short time!
5. I’m quite happy with our country’s representative for the upcoming Eurovision this May. Not my first choice, but the song grew on me when I listened to it a couple of times
That’s all for now and wishing everyone a lovely week ahead!